The Indian army is holding a recruitment rally in Goa from November 9 to 11. Recruitment would be for the post of soldier general duty (GD), soldier technical, soldier clerk/store keeper, soldier technical (nursing assistant) and soldier tradesmen. The venue for the recruitment is the 3 Technical Training Regiment ground, Bambolim.
17.5 to 21 years as on October 1, 2016, for soldier general duty.
17.5 to 22 years as on October 1, 2016, for any other category.
Soldier general duty
- Must possess SSLC or matriculation with 45% marks (aggregated) and 33% in each subject.
- Passed 10+2 or the intermediate exam in science with physics, chemistry, maths and English with 50% marks (aggregated) and 40% marks in each subject.
- Passed 10+2 or intermediate exam in any stream arts, commerce or science with 50% marks (aggregate) and a minimum of 40% in each subject.
Soldier technical (nursing assistant)
- 10+2 or intermediate exam in science with physics, chemistry, biology and English.
- A minimum of 50% marks (aggregate) and a minimum of 40% in each subject.
- If the candidate has a BSc in botany, zoology or bio-science and English. The required percentage at the Class XII level will be dropped.
- Must have passed Class X or ITI
The candidates are asked to carry the admit card generated during registering online on the Army’s website. Original copies of candidate’s certificates and documents has to be produced at the recruitment venue. They must also carry two photocopies of all the documents attested by a gazetted officer